If you have any questions please feel free to contact email@example.com
Check-in Desk Duties & Qualifications
- Attention to detail.
- Patience. Like most customer service jobs, the Registration Team is going to answer the same questions over and over (and over) again. Even if it's the hundredth time the question has been asked, it's the first time (or sometimes second) that this particular customer has asked it.
- Basic computer skills/experience.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure or stress. For example, if the attendee before you forgot to answer the emails telling them that their payment didn't go through.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills. You will be working with a wide assortment of personalities. Be comfortable and willing to use gender-neutral pronouns when addressing people and the crowd. Be comfortable asking consent to touch someone for wristband application. Ability to be discreet.
Coat Check Duties & Qualifications
- Cash handling.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner and provide relevant information (such as prices).
- Record information precisely into a spreadsheet and tag items accurately.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Be able to easily lift twenty pounds or more.
Dungeon Crew Duties & Qualifications
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly and overhead.
- Ability to stay on task and work with minimum supervision.
- Will be loading and unloading trucks to transport dungeon furniture from the warehouse to the expo center and back to the warehouse after the event.
- Must have the ability to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and climb ladders repeatedly and for long periods.
- Proficient with the use of hand tools, dollies, etc.
- Must have the ability to coordinate work with others for heavy lift projects.
- Must be able to travel to/from the warehouse or coordinate rideshare with dungeon crew/ other volunteers.
- Please wear closed toed shoes for your own safety.
Dungeon Monitor Duties & Qualifications
* Please note you will be vetted for this position!
- Prevent congestion of walkways around scenes that attract attention.
- Be aware of broken furniture that could pose a hazard. If this is found, the DM should report it immediately to the Head DM. The Head DM will relay the information to Dungeon Crew.
- Be aware of actions that could be unintentionally harmful to an attendee. Think 'danger to life and limb'. This could include but not be limited to a bottom that is unconscious, violent blows to the head, heavy striking to internal organ areas and spine, loss of circulation (during a rope scene), etc.
- Patrol the floor as instructed by your Head DMs, keeping spread out as to make sure that the dungeon stays covered.
- Communicate with the DM staff and KinkFest team via in-ear radio regarding questions, concerns, and logistical issues that arise during your shifts.
- Evaluate and respond to concerns expressed by attendees.
- Must be able to stand on concrete for at least two hours without a break.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and should be able to support another person's body weight if necessary.
- Should be DM trained and willing to present either certification of training or materials from training upon request.
Education Team Duties & Qualifications
* New KF Volunteers are highly encouraged to attend the Orientation, as well as the KinkFest Q&A and Dungeon Etiquette class.
Attend required Education-A/V training prior to the event.
Prior to classes:
- Check-in at the education desk at the beginning of your shift — get contact info for workshop coordinator; what to do for more chairs, heat, equipment, etc.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of each workshop.
At the beginning of each class:
- Help set up for class, including chairs, whiteboard, etc.
- Help move equipment (massage tables, spanking benches) from one classroom to another as needed.
- Help presenters with microphones and P.A. system
- Welcome attendees arriving for class and hand out any materials, such as handouts, workshop information, and survey information
- Count number of attendees
At the end of each class:
- Make sure wireless microphones are put away
- Clean up room as needed
At the end of your shift:
- Turn in your attendance numbers at the education table.
First Aid Volunteers Duties & Qualifications
- First aid volunteers are expected to show up for their scheduled shifts on time, alert and sober, and work the entirety of the shift.
Primary duties are to provide attendees with any needed first aid interventions including supplies. Attendees are encouraged to utilize their own supplies when appropriate.
There will be a radio present at the First Aid table, which volunteers will monitor for communications from other KinkFest volunteers. In the event an attendee is unable to travel to the table, two volunteers will travel to the attendee's location while one volunteer remains behind and attends the table. A first aid volunteer must be present at the table at all times.
In the event of an emergency, it is the job of first aid volunteers to notify dungeon monitors and the DM lead on shift who will then determine whether or not to contact Emergency Services (9-1-1).
If there is a suspected neck or spinal injury, the injured attendee should not be moved.
Guest Services Duties & Qualifications
*You must be able to attend the event all weekend!
- In this position, you will be interacting with most attendees for the event. You will be asked many questions and for directions/guidance, and often repeatedly.
- The lobby and food court area are "vanilla" so please be prepared to enforce this with our guests in a polite and respectful manner. There are places to change for play afterward.
- You must be vigilant in enforcing the "no cell phone allowed" policy.
- You will be standing or sitting for long periods of time. We try to do most shifts for 2-hour increments but there may be times when we need you to cover another area in case of an emergency.
- It is helpful to have knowledge of how to use a two-way radio.
Operations Duties & Qualifications
- The primary role of Ops is to ensure the event runs smoothly by making sure all the little things have not been forgotten about, answering attendee questions, & reporting compliance issues to Dungeon Monitors or Guest Services.
- (Pre-KF) Inventory consumables and order supplies. Printing services for timetables, signage, and misc items. Working with Dungeon team to identify supply tables. Verifying all the little things are loaded and nothing is forgotten. (Requirement of lifting upto 50lbs occasionally).
- (At-KF) Placement of signage, stocking toiletries and dungeon consumables, ensuring food & snacks are fully stocked at all times during dungeon party hours. Answering questions of attendees, verifying armbands/badges are visible, as well as masks (if applicable). Kindly enforcing the cell phone / camera policy. Notify Guest Services or Dungeon Monitors of violators. Interaction with guests will be limited to answering basic questions or referring to appropriate departments. *
- (Load-out) Packing consumables and misc gear, loading of operations bins into trailers, tracking post event inventory, removal of signage, and verify all areas have been cleared of KF owned items. Unloading of trailers (requirement of lifting 50 lbs occasionally
Stages Duties & Qualifications
- Under the supervision of the staging crew chief, grips will set up several platform stages and chairs in the dungeon and in the classrooms, and assist other departments as instructed.
- Must be available for the load-in before the event and the load-out immediately after the event on Sunday night.
- Should be able to safely squat and lift 50 pounds repeatedly. Also, be able to follow directions and work closely and safely as part of a team.
- Tools and Equipment: Gloves and closed-toed work-appropriate shoes.
Truss Crew Duties & Qualifications
* Please note this is a very physically demanding job!
- The Truss Crew should be proficient in the safe use of hand tools, particularly socket and crescent wrenches to tighten nuts and bolts in small spaces that often can't be seen.
- Truss crew should also be capable of safe, repeated lifting of 50 pounds, working on knees and/or above head for extended periods, and capable of working on ladders (~6ft. high).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be available to work the two days leading up to the event for set-up and directly after to tear down the event.
- Tools and Equipment: The Truss Crew should have closed toed shoes, and gloves that allow for dexterity (rubber coated construction or gardening gloves work well).
Bootblack Duties & Qualifications
- Keep our shoes shiny and our leather well loved!
- If interested in bootblacking, please apply on the general volunteer application and our lead will contact you regarding experience!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org